Allied Aged Care
About the business and the role
Are you keen to be part of a vibrant, dynamic and highly skilled team of OTs and Physios who love what they do? If so, you may just be the passionate and caring Registered Nurse we’re looking for.
- Full-time RN position available
- Family friendly and flexible work arrangements
- No billable targets; quality-focused workloads
- Exceptional program of ongoing professional development and mentoring
- Generous remuneration and bonus scheme
Allied Aged Care is an established Queensland-based company that thrives on exceeding the industry definition of “best practice” in everything we do. We’re a holistic, care-centred and quality-focused organisation, committed to changing the world of aged care one treatment at a time.
We require an RN to work alongside our Allied Health team members in residential Aged Care facilities across the Cairns area. This is an exciting position that can really make a difference in resident’s lives, tieing in the specific skills of a Registered Nurse with allied health services of physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
There is a mix of hands on treatment including therapeutic massage and also floor RN work.
- Initial assessment of residents including pain review, mobility review, balance testing, sensory testing, perceptual tests, functional reviews.
- Pain management treatments involving therapeutic massage (12.4A treatments under the Aged Care Funding Instrument).
- Falls reviews and prevention advice
- Staff education on aspects of elderly care
- Liaising with the RN/EN on aspects of care for the residents
- Liaising with the visiting doctor on aspects of care
- Discharge planning when residents leave the facility
- Liaising with hospitals for residents in hospital who are about to enter the facility.
- Liaising with other external allied health professionals i.e. podiatrists, rehabilitation facilities for care of our residents.
- Clinical note taking
Tasks also include :
- assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- working in consultation with other Health Professionals and members of health teams, and coordinating the care of patients
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as medications, and monitoring responses to treatment and care plan
- promoting health and assisting in preventing ill health by participating in health education and other health promotion activities
- answering questions and providing information to patients and families about treatment and care
- supervising and coordinating the work of Enrolled Nurses and other health care workers
Your days will be focused on providing individualised care to each client and, as such, requires a high level of compassion, technical skills, problem solving ability, professionalism, reporting and confidentiality. Do all this while participating in valuable professional development with our industry leading portfolio of Health specific training for your PD portfolio – including hand therapy, mental health, pressure management, soft tissue therapy, splinting and many more.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- Own vehicle and current class “C” Queensland drivers licence
- Experience in aged care is highly regarded but not essential, and we welcome applications from new graduates and other professionals eligible to deliver pain management treatments under the ACFI guidelines. (Overseas practitioners are also welcome to apply as we have extensive support from senior OTs & PTs as well as sponsorship either a 457 or 187 visa for permanent residency)
- Strong relationship building, communication (written and verbal) and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity to work productively in a team
- You must be registered to practice as an occupational therapist or physiotherapist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (or have the qualifications for us to complete the registration) and pass a police check for working with the aged.
Licensed Registered Nurse with Australian registration
- Driver’s Licence
Current police check and indemnity insurance
Job benefits and perks
Your salary and benefits
- Remuneration commensurate with experience (above award)
- Generous incentive/bonus scheme
- Structured and regular (paid) Professional Development
- Flexible/family-friendly work arrangements
- Salary sacrifice opportunities
- Mobile phone
If you’d like to apply for this exciting opportunity, click below to submit your current CV.
Job Type: Full-time
Are you interested in this job? Register your CV with 457VisaJobsAustralia now and we’ll let you know when similar jobs are advertised!
The original advert can be found here