The GEO Group Australia
Brand new facility
Role commences October 2017
About The GEO Group Australia
We are the country’s leading provider of outsourced correctional services, operating in NSW, QLD and VIC. GEO aims to deliver better corrections and create safer communities. We focus on providing a continuum of care and integration of services to make a real difference in the lives of people we work with.
For more information about our organisation, visit our website at
About Ravenhall Correctional Centre
Ravenhall Correctional Centre is a medium security men’s prison opening in late 2017 in Ravenhall, Victoria.
Ravenhall will redefine the role of the modern prison. It’s unique design and service model provides an unprecedented emphasis on offender rehabilitation and reintegration. If you are motivated to work therapeutically to create successful outcomes for prisoners, Ravenhall is the place for you.
To learn more about Ravenhall Correctional Centre, click
About the Opportunity
As the Learning Resource Centre Coordinator you will oversee, administer, and manage the Centre’s Learning Resource area ensuring that updated and relevant information / literature is available to offenders through a variety of media.
You will primarily be responsible for:
- Administering and managing the centre’s library and all resources associated with this service
- Maintaining and ensuring that all resources are recorded in the data base system
- Coordinating and administering the Centre’s Reception Committee ensuring that all relevant data bases, documentation, and roster are administered
- Developing and implementing technological change to provide offenders with a variety of media to access information and literature
- Preparing and writing reports using a variety of software packages
- Providing basic security through the monitoring of offender activity and compliance to rules
- Participating in the offender induction program and Offender Classification Program
- Assisting the Senior Educator with duties as required
- If required, act in the role of Senior Educator during extended periods of absence
Your Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will possess the following:
- Qualifications and/or equivalent experience in education or librarian fields
- Proven understanding of education and training programs for offenders in a correctional environment
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and implementing technological change
- Demonstrated well-developed interpersonal, communication, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work within a correctional setting, which will involve direct contact with prisoners
- Tertiary qualification in Library and Information Services (desirable)
For more information about this position, please click
to download the position description.
About the Benefits
Joining GEO is your chance to make a real and lasting difference in the lives of prisoners, their families and the community. Benefits of working for GEO, include but are not limited to:
- Role diversity and internal career progression opportunities
- Ongoing professional development opportunities (including further education sponsorship)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme
- Salary sacrifice options
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Program
- Staff gym
- Subsidised meals
Make a real difference – Apply Now!
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are highly encouraged to apply
Applications Close – Wednesday, 3 May 2017
Are you interested in this job? Register your CV with 457VisaJobsAustralia now and we’ll let you know when similar jobs are advertised!
The original advert can be found here