Industrial Designer (Medical Devices)
- Fantastic company culture
- Orthopaedic medical device designer
- 457 visa on offer
Our client is a leading medical device manufacturer. The company is based in North-West Sydney. Due to the business expansion, they are now seeking to employ a full time Industrial Designer. This opportunity is located in Sydney.
We are seeking a degree qualified industrial designer, with specialisation in medical devices, particularly orthopaedic implants. Software used include solidworks, CAD and Adobe illustrator. 3-5 years experience in a similar position required.
- Concept generation and prototyping
- Design through in house design, testing and prototyping capabilities
- Design risk assessment, and design for manufacturing products
- Design and engineer customisations and specials
- Verification testing including bench top, mechanical, animal and cadaveric
- Project management for coordinating all internal and external resources
- Design transfer for seamless transition to full scale production
- Complete systems design and development – implants, instruments and packaging
- Complex implants and instruments – including MIS and Single-Use/Disposable
- Specific engineering and design challenges, or limited scope projects
- Customs and Specials design and engineering
- Idea creation, concept generation and rapid prototyping
- Functional prototyping and feasibility evaluation
- Design risk analysis and verification testing
- Design for manufacturing and transfer assessments
- Technology assessments and due diligence
- To be considered for the role a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent required.
- At least 3-5 years of experience applying user-centred design principles and branding throughout the product development process is required.
- Experience and knowledge of solidworks, CAD, and Adobe Illustrator
- Creative capacity to conceptualize designs, develop and identify alternative solutions to problems must be demonstrated, along with the ability to communicate using 2D visualization, 3D CAD modelling and presentation skills.
- Must possess confident interpersonal communication and influencing skills.
- Proficient time management, project planning and tracking skills are critical.
- Experience identifying user needs and requirements through user research is preferred for this role.
- Experience participating in and using the output of usability testing to inspire novel solutions is preferred.
- Experience with the regulatory landscape, especially an understanding of medical device usability standards, is preferred.
Preference is for Australian citizens or permanent residents. However, he company is already an approved 457 Visa Sponsor, 457 Visa Sponsorship (Australian work visa) may be available for a sensational candidate. If 457 visa sponsorship is required, you must
meet the visa eligibility requirements (i.e. English Test, Skills Assessment if required). Konnecting, as a registered migration agency, can advise in this regard.