457 Visa Transfer – Changing Sponsor

Do you already have a sponsor on a 457 Visa and want to change jobs? This article will tell you about organising a 457 Visa transfer.

Can I change employer on a 457 Visa?

The simple answer is yes, but it’s a bit more complicated than that!

When you’re on a 457 Visa changing employer is a headache because it’s often difficult to find an employer who is willing to sponsor. You’ll need to find a job with the same job title as that on your current 457 sponsorship. It’s worth noting that you can change employer on a 457 Visa, but you can’t change the type of job you do. If you’re changing sponsor on a 457 Visa and your new job title isn’t the same as your current Visa, you will need to apply for a new 457 Visa; you cannot request a 457 visa transfer under your existing 457 Visa. More details can be found on The DIAC website – 457 Visa transfer

Can’t find a new sponsor?

457 Visa Transfer

457 Visa Transfer – find your new job here!

Don’t worry! 457VisaJobsAustralia has a database where you can register your CV and contact information. Employers and recruiters who can sponsor search this database. We also list jobs with 457 sponsorship available – click here to register your CV now.

Sounds good! How does it work?

When a potential employer finds your CV, you’ll be sent an email asking if you’d like to send them your full CV and contact information. If you agree, your details will be provided to the employer/recruiter, and they’ll get in touch with you.

Even if you’re not planning to change employer on your 457 Visa, it’s worth registering your CV so you don’t miss out on 457 Visa job opportunities!

457 Visa Transfer

So you’ve found a new sponsor for your 457 Visa? Congratulations! Your new sponsoring employer should apply for a 457 Visa transfer to transfer your 457 Visa sponsorship to their company. You’ll need to complete some paperwork, but a qualified migration agent will make this process painless. It can take between four and eight weeks to migrate a 457 Visa from your current sponsor to a new sponsor. This might also take longer if your new employer needs to get approval from the Department of Immigration and Border Control to sponsor visa holders. A registered migration agent can help with this process – contact a registered migration agent to find out more.

As soon as DIAC approve your change of sponsor, you can start your new job! Unfortunately, you cannot start working for a new employer until the DIAC have approved your 457 Visa transfer.

Find 457 Visa Sponsorship Now!

Find jobs offering 457 Visa Sponsorship quickly and easily